Lim Bee Li
T: +65 6980 8713
M: +65 9337 7413
Bee Li is the Director of Chevalier Law LLC and she heads the International Arbitration and Commercial Litigation Practice at Chevalier Law LLC. Bee Li graduated from the University of Manchester (UK) in 2006 and she is admitted to the Singapore Bar.
Bee Li has advised her clients on disputes and general business matters across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. Bee Li is experienced in landlord & tenants disputes, and has dealt extensively in construction related disputes and arbitration proceedings throughout her career.
Other than her main area of work in dispute resolution, Bee Li also advised and represented sellers in two en-bloc sale involving a condominium estate and an industrial property. She also advised numerous Management Corporation Strata Titles of their duties and obligations under the Building Management & Strata Management Act in Singapore.
- Acted for Appellants in a landmark case involving conversion of several machinery valued at S$ 1.2 million (approximate) and the issue of law to be determined involves whether contractual rights restricted the bailor’s rights under common law.
- Acted for Plaintiff in a landmark case involving the law of passing off and the intellectual property rights of a company as against the front cover of their horse-punting publication, with an estimated damages at S$ 1 million;
- Acted for Defendants in a construction claim amounting involving a hotel development in Maldives and the claim involves the construction of the terms of the contract pertaining to lump sum contract and/or remeasurement terms.
- Acted for Plaintiff in a claim amounting to approximately S$ 3 million involving conspiracy, breaches of fiduciary duties and breach of employment contract.
- Acted for Respondents in an arbitration proceeding involving a claim of over S$40 million for repudiatory breach of a Sub-Contract involving piling works relating to the construction of the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) System in Singapore.
- Acted for a Hong Kong company as Respondents in an arbitration proceeding amounting to approximately S$ 10 million under the SIAC Rules for a claim involving breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation against a Canadian company over a Share Sales Agreement.
- Acted for Claimant in an arbitration proceeding involving a claim for various breaches of construction contract including issues relating to delay, disruption, defective works and consequential damages up to S$ 250,000.00.
- Acted for a listed company in Singapore involving a warehousing service agreement over rectification of contract and repudiatory breach of contract and for damages up to S$ 1.3 million;
- Advised in relation to a shareholders’ agreement and joint venture agreement for a medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Advised in a hotel management agreement to set up a hospitality infrastructure in Penang, Malaysia.
- Advised in the development and management of a condominium estate in Cambodia and Myanmar.
- Advised in relation to a sale, supply and distributorship agreement for an international bedding company.
- Advised in relation to multiple residential developments in Kenya, Myanmar and Cambodia, involving the shareholders’ agreement, joint venture agreement and the construction agreement.
- Advised an international bank in relation to the use of universal life policies in Singapore as a form of loan collateral in its bank.